On October 23rd, join Sound Devices and some incredibly talented, professional musicians, at The Village Studios in Los Angeles for a fabulous demonstration on the process of recording a song whenever and wherever inspiration grabs you.
Special guests include Oskar Cartaya on Bass and Gorden Campbell on Drums!
Cartaya has played on Grammy® winning albums for Arturo Sandoval, Willie Colon and Spyro Gyra, and worked with many other artists such as: Herb Albert, Jennifer Lopez, Celia Cruz, Rubén Blades, Tito Puente, Robbie Robertson, Dave Valentin, and Justin Timberlake.
Cambell has worked with a wide variety of artists including Earth, Wind & Fire, George Duke, Herbie Hancock, Stanley Clark, Mary J. Blige, Beyonce, and Jessica Simpson to name a few. When Gorden is not touring, he produces everything from jazz to hip-hop to gospel, does music for TV shows, and most recently worked on the soundtrack for the smash hit movie, Dreamgirls.
Learn more about:
- Track-laying (recording) and overdubbing a song without a DAW
- Mixing & recording small ensemble live performances (live events, concerts, and band rehearsals)
- Using playback/remix of multichannel, pre-recorded backing tracks
- Importing/exporting tracks to your computer
- Remote controlling a MixPre, with the Wingman app and/or USB Fader Controllers
October 23rd, 2018, 7-9 PM
The Village – Studio D
1616 Butler Ave, LA
Space is limited, so RSVP through Eventbrite today!